Welcome to ESL theater for Grammar!
ACT, TEACH, LEARN AND TEST ENGLISH GRAMMAR IN A CONVERSATIONAL / THEATER
APPROACH OR DRAMA FOR GRAMMAR .
- DETERMINERS – Definite, indefinite articles, possessive adjectives, demonstrative adjectives, indefinite adjectives, numbers, interrogative and exclamatory adjectives.
- QUALIFYING OR DESCRIPTIVE ADJECTIVE
- NOUNS: proper and improper nouns, concrete and abstract, regular and irregular plurals of nouns
- PRONOUNS: personal pronouns, object pronouns, possessive pronouns, reflexive, emphatic pronouns, relative pronoun , distributive pronouns, demonstrative pronouns, indefinite pronouns, interrogative pronoun, exclamatory
- VERBS – 12 Tenses, auxiliary verbs, semi-auxiliaries, phrasal verbs.
- ADVERBS: Time, place, quantity, frequency etc
- PREPOSITIONS Types and functions
- CONJUNCTIONS: Coordinating, subordinating conjunction, the if-conditional
- ???? INTERJECTIONS– Emotion words
WORKSHEETS ON PARTS OF SPEECH
OUR DRAMA FOR GRAMMAR TEACHING approach
Teaching of English as a foreign and a second language, specifically grammar, could be done with Literature, theater arts . We consider role play, theater arts and every form of interaction among learners as the best way to improve language acquisition. Our method is a blend of English language and literature lessons. The drama for grammar method highlights grammar points in the play as the acts and scenes unfold. Visibility is given to structure: SUBJECT-VERB-COMPLEMENT, parts of speech or word class: determiners, adjectives,nouns, pronouns, verbs, adverbs, prepositions, conjunctions, as the plot of the play unfolds. We call this type of play: A LANGUAGE LAB PLAY. # PLASTOSPHERE above is an example. Let’s use the conversations of the characters to crack the English Grammar puzzle.
Consult this link for further clarifications: https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/09571736.2010.54328
HELLO! ENGLISH TEACHERS AND LEARNERS
Conversing Grammar in a play is
drama for Grammar
Acting A play to know Grammar is
drama for grammar.
Reading a play with visual highlights on
STRUCTURE OF THE SENTENCE
AND PARTS OF SPEECH is
drama for Grammar
CONTRIBUTORS For THE WEEK